Indoor Air Quality
Duct Repair in Los Angeles, CA by Air Classic
While your ductwork is sturdy and designed to last a long time, it isn’t impervious to environmental effects or damage from collapse. These kinds of problems can make your ductwork faulty, reducing its ability to deliver air to your living spaces successfully, and doing it in a clean, efficient manner. A great way to regain the capability of your ductwork system is to schedule professional duct repair with a Air Classic expert. Your ductwork is long and complicated, which is one of the reasons why it’s important to use a trained professional for all work, including repair. Our experts bring years of experience to the job and can make sure your repaired ductwork is efficient and allows your ductwork to function optimally. Think you may need ductwork repair in Los Angeles, CA? Call our experts today!
Air Classic provides duct repair throughout Los Angeles and Santa Clarita, CA.
Ways to Repair Ductwork
There are two main ways professionals repair ductwork, and neither one involves the use of duct tape. In fact, duct tape is never a good resource to turn to for any kind of duct repair as the glue breakdown quickly, leaving you your repair and more of a mess to clean up. Here are the two main ways ductwork is repaired:
- Sealing – for holes, cracks and broken connection seals, your technician will use a fibrous adhesive called mastic to seal these problem areas.
- Replacement – for areas where serious corrosion or damage has taken hold, your technician will remove the damaged section and replace it with new ducting material so that it seamlessly blends with the rest of that particular duct.
How Do I Know My Ductwork Is Faulty?
Ductwork is very much "out of sight, out of mind," which makes it hard to see what’s happening with it. This means that it can be very hard to detect when your ductwork needs help. Here are some signs that indicate it’s time to repair your ductwork:
- Poor indoor air quality – excess humidity, foul odors and too much dust and dirt in your living spaces are all indications that a lot "stuff" is getting into your ductwork, and the likely causes are holes and cracks.
- Uneven heating and cooling – it’s normal to have a slight temperature difference between the different areas of your home, but if you are experiencing a wide range of disparate temperatures, something is going on with your ductwork.
- Loud whistling – does it sound like a chorus starts up from all the whistling of your ductwork? A little bit of sound emanating from your ducts is normal, but loud whistling typically indicates there are holes and cracks through which your air is escaping.
What Benefits Can I See from Repairing My Ductwork?
So why is it worthwhile to schedule our experts to perform ductwork repair at your home? Consider these benefits:
- Increased energy efficiency – faulty ductwork can account for up to a third of your home’s total air loss; you can regain your energy efficiency with help from our pros.
- Increased indoor air quality – once those holes and cracks are repaired, you won’t have to worry about different outside contaminants getting a free ride into your living spaces through the ductwork.
- Extend the life of your ductwork – taking care of needed repairs helps your ductwork be and work in great shape, extending its work life.
Contact the team at Air Classic today for expert duct repair in the greater Los Angeles area!